The Responsive Organisation: Re-engineering New Patterns of Work
Executive Editor and Principal Author: Colin Coulson-Thomas.
Sponsor: European Commission.
This three volume boxed set of reports comprises a re-engineering methodology manual, 21 case studies, briefings on teleworking, and notes on 101 re-engineering techniques.
A detailed blueprint for any company wanting to introduce more flexible working practices. Three volumes cover:
(1) Re-engineering organisations and processes for new patterns of work,
(2) Key insights from European experience in business re-engineering and teleworking, and
(3) Sources of support and briefings for effective business re-engineering and teleworking projects.
The re-engineering methodology was developed by a pan-European project team led by Prof. Colin Coulson-Thomas. It covers six stages;
- Stage 1 Establishing the approach and goal setting
- Stage 2 Opportunity seeking
- Stage 3 Process analysis
- Stage 4 Process redesign
- Stage 5 Implementation of change
- Stage 6 Performance monitoring
At each of the six stages the methodology provides:
- 1 Description of the stage
- 2 The work to be done
- 3 Typical/possible outputs
- 4 Critical success factors
- 5 Teleworking opportunities and issues
- 6 Pitfalls, obstacles, barriers and constraints
- 7 Any diagnostics/checklists that specifically relate to teleworking
- 8 Any other relevant tools and techniques
- 9 Summary and checklist
Presentations and courses on the findings of the report are also available.
The three volume boxed set of reports The Responsive Organisation, Re-engineering new patterns of work is available price £125 plus p&p
The three reports making up The Responsive Organisation, Re-engineering new patterns of work are also available separately:
Volume 1 Methodology, Re-engineering organisations and processes for new patterns of work (159 pages; IBSN  1 872980 06 6) is available price £75 plus p&p
Volume 2 Best Practice, Key insights from European experience in business re-engineering and teleworking (169 pages; IBSN  1 872980 11 2) is available price £55 plus p&p
Volume 3 Resources, including briefings and re-engineering tools and techniques (138 pages; IBSN 978 1 872980 16 3) is available price £55 plus p&p
Weight: Boxed set 2,000g, Volume 1 565g, Volume 2 600g, Volume 3 485g
For further information and to purchase contact Colin Coulson-Thomas